The school holidays are nearly over! Does this excite anyone else? No lying now Mammy’s. I know by now you are feeling allergic to your littlelove’s just as much as me! Please don’t tell me I am alone on this one.
Mylittlelove’s are killing each other… all the time! I am starting to get an incite into what teenage years might be like and I really don’t like it. Maybe myself and mybiglove need to reconsider having a 3rd child. Or at least put it on hold for a while and then pray to god it is a boy (no more oestrogen) PLEASE.
My top ten confessions from the school holidays…
- When Mammy is exhausted Netflix is my best friend. We order Starbucks delivery, we grab cosy blankets and we all chill. It’s compulsory. Especially in school holidays.
- I hoover inside and then do the fake grass in the garden. It drowned’s out the screaming, when I think I could kill them. I assume if something is really wrong one Littlelove will come and tell me!
- I have said Mylittleloves are sick to get out of a social invites. More than I can count on one hand. I know this is wrong on so many levels. Pretty sure Mybiglove has used this excuse to!
- We some times have a day where we don’t get out of PJ’s. We will wait until 5pm, have a bath and put new ones on. I think this is my favourite day of the week.
- Outdoor showers happen all the time. We call them ‘Fairy Showers’ and it means I get an extra day off cleaning their bathroom. Plus the dog loves them.
- Once or twice a week Mylittlelove’s dinner consists of 2min noodles, toast or mcdonalds. This is a necessity.
- Some nights I tell Mylittlelove’s it’s bedtime at 6.30pm. They can’t quite tell the time yet. Truth be told Little Red is actually good at it but we convince her sometimes she is an hour off.
- I have chocolate hidden all over the house because I don’t like to share. My only problem is due to baby brain never leaving me I can’t remember half the hiding places. Thankfully I never forget where the wine is!
- I put myself on time out. It’s easier than trying to separate Mylittleloves. They soon realise I’m hiding (usually with the chocolate or wine) and sort themselves out.
- Parent experts promote messy play with paint and play dough. In our house this happens every day (I can’t boast here) It’s just the easiest way to get an hours break!
I accept that I am not perfect. I am far from it. I hope I can teach Mylittleloves that mistakes are inevitable. You don’t have to be perfect. Learn to accept others as their imperfect selves. I make many parenting fails but all are made with love and good intentions. They go to bed each night knowing we adore them. Even good parents make mistakes. A ‘Perfect Parent’ may not exist but remember to tell yourself that you are a good one!
Feeling Perfectly Happy With Being Imperfect!