Sometimes in life you just have to stop and laugh! Not just laugh at the moments people expect you to laugh at. Laugh at the small moments that make up the day. The moments that if you didn’t laugh you may cry.
I am very lucky to have friends who make me laugh this much. The big belly laughter, which can end in a puddle of tears or if you have had little loves – a puddle of humiliating something else! Either way Laughing is definitely the key to a happy relationship.
Myself and Mybiglove laugh – ALOT! Somedays we could kill each other and then other days we just “laugh it off!”
My friend Katie and I only met two years ago but I am quite certain that we were separated at birth. We are ridiculously alike. This has come as quite a shock to our husband’s – Im sure they didn’t think God would want two of us on earth. Two feisty blondes who irritate their husbands in new way’s daily! We chat all the time about the “7 deadly sins” (7 things that irritate our hubby’s) but lately the list just keeps on growing!
I like to call this the list that keeps on giving but I guess Mybiglove may disagree…
- Leaving all the lights on. We went to Bali for 3 weeks in the summer and needless to say the electricity bill was sky high as I forgot to turn the lights off.
- Mybiglove and I do not go to bed at the same time. I go to bed earlier than hubby most nights in an attempt to fall asleep first to get at least a small amount of decent sleep before he comes to bed and wakes me with his snoring.
- Procrastinating with bills. This can be deadly! No wifi means our TV doesn’t work. Which means Mylittle Aoibhie is ready for war!
- Getting notions about wanting to adopt animals with special needs. He should be thankful that we only adopted one chihuahua We could have adopted 17. We left 16 behind. Bad form out of Mybiglove. I mean, who knows what happened to the rest of Minnie’s family? A happy farmer took them in, is what Littlered will lead you to believe.
- Changing my hair style all the time. This one really gets to Mybiglove. So many rules! No fringe. Long hair. Not short. BLONDES only! Okay I guess he isn’t that much of a drill sergeant but I have noticed if the hair is long and blonde and beverly hills bunny looking – I get away with ALOT more!
- Petrol light coming on. If you lived in Dubai you would totally understand the frustration. Spending an hour in the queue sounds like my idea of hell! Hence why I switch cars just as the light is turning on.
- Buying and selling furniture without asking. I figure he is happy so long as I am happy. Yes we have gone through 4 couches in two years but we have nearly found “The One!”
- Being late to everything. I have to apologise. I have Mylittleloves to organise and a face that looks like I have Littledemons. I need more time!
- Checking Facebook mid conversation with him. I genuinely believe Dori from the Disney movie “Finding Nemo” was created for me.
- Not waxing often enough. Or at all. Yeah… Im not even sorry!
- Not responding to Mybigloves whatsapp messages even when I know he can see the two blue ticks.
- Always running out of water. Its hot in Dubai and the idea of carrying it from the shop to the car and then the car to the house and then put it in the fridge- Your asking to much!
- Being cryptic about why I am in a bad mood. Well? Why do you think I am in a mood? Maybe its due to Number 12!!
- Spending the emergency money thats in the car. The money thats for a flat tire or petrol. Sometimes Starbucks or manicures are necessary.
- Not getting out of bed the minute the alarm goes off. Who else hits snooze?
- Not claiming back medical expenses in a timely fashion. Thank God for VHI thats all I can say. They are well used to me ringing up and demanding to be paid before the weekend.
- Not buying things on discount- on propose. Ok, So I am not the most frugal of people. I am not designer by any means either. This is referring to the weekly grocery shopping. Carrefour just seems like hard work to me. Spinneys is next door- plus it sells pork!
- Opening a can of fizz. Taking one sip and then forgetting about it. Just being forgetful in general. Oh and he hates that I am so wasteful.
- Telling my friends intimate details about our marriage.
- Letting the fridge or/and oven become a biohazard before i clean it out!
As you can see – Its just a small list. As they say “I aim to please!”